Happy Mother’s Day

It took me a long time to decide on a design for a Mother’s Day card. While working on the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge (stay tuned for this post :-), I was inspired by a card made by Kate, one of Lawn Fawn’s Design Team Members. She inspired me to use pink plaid paper and fairies. Unfortunately, I do not have any fairy stamp sets, so I went with flowers – which is always good for Mother’s Day, don’t you think?

From the largest of the Lawn Fawn’s Stitched Rectangles-dies, I die-cut a panel out of white cardstock. Using the second biggest rectangle, I die-cut another panel from pink plaid paper from Lawn Fawn’s Perfectly Plaid Spring paper collection. From this paper, I die-cut one of the Circle Stackables-dies to make an opening for the sentiment. I glued the white panel and the plaid panel together using tape runner.

The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn stamp set Happy Happy Happy. I inked it in Wild Rose ink (by Lawn Fawn) and stamped it inside the circle.

On white cardstock, I stamped some of the flowers from the stamp set Fab Flowers (by Lawn Fawn). For these images, I used the following ink pads by Lawn Fawn:

  • Mermaid and Peacock (roses)
  • Grape Soda and Sugarplum (flowers)
  • Jalapeno and Freshly Cut Grass (leaves)
  • Sugarplum and Walnut (butterfly)

I adhered everything together using liquid glue. Only the rose in the middle and the butterfly were added with foam tape to make them stand out. The panel was then adhered onto a US standard sized cardbase (4.25 x 5.5 inch).

As a finishing touch, I added glitter to the butterfly with the Wink of Stellar brush pen and added some dots with Nuvo Crystal Drops by Tonic Studios (colour: Ivory Seashell).

I am wishing a Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers out there! Have a happy day!

Advertisements

Homework for “Sparkle & Shine”

Hello! Today I want to share with you the “homework” that I did for the Online Card Class “Sparkle & Shine”.

On Day 1, class was all about glitter. I made a Mother’s Day card for homework:

For this card, I used the Scripty Happy-die from Lawn Fawn, placed it onto a piece of white cardstock and ran it through my die-cutting machine. I took a piece of double-sided adhesive of the same size, and glued the panel with the “happy” die-cut on it. Now the “happy”-part exposed the adhesive and I sprinkled glitter on it (I used Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter in the colours kunzite and tourmaline). To make the glitter stick, I also gently rubbed it onto the adhesive.

The flowers are from the stamp set and coordinating die set Penelope’s Blossoms by Lawn Fawn. I stamped the images in Lawn Fawn Mermaid, Peacock and Freshly Cut Grass ink. For the sentiment, I used the “Mother’s Day” stamp from Lawn Fawn’s Happy Happy Happy and inked it with Versafine (Onyx Black) ink.

On Day 2, foiling was on the curriculum. I have tried foiling before and after this homework, I must admit that I do not like foiling at all! I have been trying to do foiling without the machine (you know, to keep things simple) by inking with Versamark ink and heat embossing Sticky Embossing Powder by Ranger or by using the Deco Foil Adhesive Pen. I struggle with foiling a lot and the time invested in this technique is, at least for me, just not worth it (sigh). I somehow made this card work and I would like to share it with you:

I used the stamp set You’re Koalafied from Gerda Steiner Designs. I made the background with Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Antique Linen) and some water. I stamped the koala in Versafine ink (because it is waterproof) and coloured the koala with Distress Ink (Pumice Stone) and some water. The sentiment was also inked in Versafine (Onyx Black).

The word “hug” was created with Lawn Fawn’s Quinn’s ABC, double-sided tape and with Deco Foil Transfer Sheet in colour Teal. I adhered double-sided tape on a piece of cardstock, I cut the foiling sheet about the same size and glued it onto the adhesive. I gently rubbed the foil on the adhesive to make sure that it sticks and gently peeled off the backing sheet. I took the letters that I needed from Lawn Fawn’s Quinn’s ABC die set, placed them onto the foil and ran them through my die-cutting machine. To make it stand out more, I put foam tape on the back of the letters and adhered that to the panel.

I would also like to mention that this card has different dimensions than I usually work with. The main panel is cut to 4×4 inches, the card base is 4.25 by 8.5 inches (scored at 4.25 inches).

I hope you enjoy these cards! Thank you for stopping by! See you soon!